With the new season of Game of Thrones just around the corner, okay there’s still like two months but considering we’ve been waiting all year, just let us have this moment.
So with the new season approaching, so are those Game of Thrones watch parties with all your friends. Here are all the things you think about while watching Game of Thrones.
15. When you put on HBO at the exact hour and you still have to wait for those damn HBO trailers to finish
Like, The Leftovers seems like it would be a cool show, but no I don’t care to watch a 4 minute trailer right now, just please, take me to Westeros.
14. When your friends roll up with a 40-pack of birthday cake timbits and donuts and you’re so grateful you have good people around you
Set the mood right with the perfect snacks, whether it’s a delicious dessert, or some 7-layer dip and chips, you know HBO has no commercials, so you better have everything you could ever want in the next 55 minutes, right in front of you.
13. When your friends roll up with a big bottle of red and you’re just like ‘how fitting, it’s the colour of BLOOD!’
[Caution: Consuming large amounts of alcohol will affect your memory and you may not remember key moments of the episode the next morning at work, so just like, be careful]
12. When you tell all your friends to put their phones away or you will literally set them all on fire #bye
Guys, this is not a joke, phone usage will not be tolerated during Game of Thrones watching, there is no reason for you to be on your phone, because the next 55 minutes is literally all that matters in life. I’m just saying, I will be okay with setting your mobile devices on fire.
11. When you had to wash your hair and didn’t have time to dry it before the episode so you’re stuck for the next hour with wet hair
Seriously, this is legit #firstworldproblems. You know you had to wash your hair for work the next day, but all your friends were coming through so you didn’t have time to dry your hair and now you’re stuck for 55 minutes with wet/cold hair. But realistically, you don’t even mind because Game of Thrones is life.
10. It’s time to dim the lights…
I don’t be messin’ around with potential TV glare, the lights need to be turned down low for maximum Game of Thrones watching. The person closest to the light switch will feel my wrath.
9. When the opening sequence starts and one of your friends is like ‘I haven’t caught up I’m still like on season 4’
No but really, did you think there was going to be a PowerPoint presentation recapping the last three seasons? If you’re not caught up, then I can’t help you.
8. When everyone starts eating and your living room floor is basically destroyed
LOL, this one doesn’t even bother me because again, Game of Thrones is life and nothing else really matters for the next hour.
7. When the episode literally just started and someone’s already asking a question
We have slotted some time after the episode to discuss scenes and/or ask questions, please refrain from speaking for the next hour. Again there are no commercial breaks, you will just have to guess what was said in the scene if you didn’t hear them
6. When the entire room didn’t hear what was said in the scene, so it’s okay to use your PVR powers and rewind the scene
You can only use your PVR powers once, as long as everyone in the room agrees they had no idea what just happened in that scene, and to be fair, that does happen often in Game of Thrones.
5. When that 7-layer dip gets to you and someone lets one rip
LOL, it’s okay, you’re forgiven.
4. When you’re halfway through an epic scene and you realize Littlefinger and Varys basically started the entire show
It’s true, Littlefinger is the cause of everything, he legit played a little finger in every single death and decision from the beginning. Think about it.
3. When someone shows up to the watch party with a cold and now you’re stuck breathing the same air as them
By this point, you’re in the thick of the episode and to be honest you probably won’t even notice if one of your friends is having a severe cough attack, so really, just keep watching, you’re good.
2. When everything you wanted to happen in the episode didn’t happen and now you’re left with an empty soul
Half the fun of watching Game of Thrones is predicting/hoping/wishing/yearning for the outcome of your dreams, and when it doesn’t happen, you’re literally, crushed to the core. Also, you do feel really stupid when you cursed King Joffrey to his death but his death didn’t even happen until season four.
1. When the night and the episode comes to an end and you’re wishing all your friends a safe drive home
The hardest part of the night is saying goodbye to your friends wishing them a safe drive home. Having to retreat to your bedroom with all of tonight’s epic moments floating through your head is extremely daunting. The night is truly dark and full of terrors.
The seventh season of Game of Thrones premieres Sunday July 16th on HBO.Follow @hollywd_heroine